Nothing short of masterful & displaying diversity presenting a vast variety of musical styles spanning over 500 years. Appearing in diverse performance venues offering concerts and background music.
The styles of music I perform range from the Renaissance, Baroque, and Classical periods to Romantic works written during the 19th century as well as works by 20th Century and Contemporary composers. Regionally, I perform works from all over the world including Eastern Europe, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Cuba, Mexico, and Colombia.
The guitar is an evocative instrument that creates a quiet yet rich musical background for events such as weddings, receptions, and company functions. For businesses such as restaurants and wineries, the guitar adds a unique embellishment to the atmosphere and it enhances peoples’ memory of the time they spent there.
I welcome the opportunity to perform for you, your customers, clients, colleagues, friends and family.
Glenn began his musical studies at the age of 14. Although initially self-taught, Glenn has studied with many outstanding instructors and mentors, including Rey de la Torre, Julian White, Chuscales, and with Dusan Bogdanovic at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. Glenn concentrates on Classical, Brazilian, Argentine, Flamenco, and other regional guitar styles. He teaches guitar, theory, and piano and currently writing instructional books and videos for both guitar and ukulele. He performs frequently throughout the Bay Area along with appearances around the country in venues such as Valley Forge Convention Center, the Kennedy Center, Washington D.C., performing as a soloist, in ensembles, and accompanying renowned vocalists, instrumentalists, and dancers
Previous Performance Venues:
•Santa Clara University, Solo Guitar Concert, Santa Clara, CA
•Mark Hopkins Hotel, San Francisco, CA
•San Francisco City Hall
•Dean Lesher Regional Center for the Arts, Walnut Creek, CA
•Le Petit Trianon, San Jose, CA
•Valley Forge Convention Center, Valley Forge, PA
•Harmony Hall, Washington D.C.
•University of Maryland
•Radio Performance & Discussion KUP Radio, San Jose, CA
•Orinda Country Club, Orinda, CA
•Round Hill Country Club, Alamo, CA
•Markham Vineyards, Napa, CA
All ceremonies and receptions can be performed on solo guitar, or for larger gatherings, consider the beautiful combination of either guitar and flute, guitar and violin or guitar and vocals.
- Prelude Music: One half-hour of music while your guests are assembling, allowing them to enjoy beautiful music before the ceremony begins.
- Pre-Processional: Music of your choosing for everyone processioning before the bride, including the bridesmaids, flower girls, ring bearers, as well as special music for the parents to be seated to.
- Processional: The traditional Bridal March for the bride, or select from one of the many alternate wedding marches, or your favorite song.
- Solo: Choose a special song to be played for the lighting of the Unity candle, communion, or during another reflective part of your ceremony.
- Recessional: The traditional Wedding March to walk out to, or choose an alternate march or favorite piece.
- Postlude: Festive music for your guests while they disassemble, or toast you with champagne.
|Sor: Theme & Variations||Solea||Albeniz:Asturias|
|Bach Lute Suite||Alegrias||Tarrega:Recuerdos|
|Weiss: Capriccio||Siguiriyas||Turina: Fandanguillo|
|Milan: Pavan||Tangos||Llobet: La Maja de Goya|
|Choros||Tears||Piazzolla: Milonga del Angel|
|Pernambuco: Po de Mico||Laura||Gardel: El Dia Que Me Quires|
|Villas Lobos: Ste. Bresilienne||Misty||Mores: Taquito Militar|
|Pereira: Pixaim||Body & Soul||Piazzolla: Cinco Piezas|